Last week our team (led by MPO Board Member and City of Miramar Commissioner Yvette Colbourne) represented Broward in the 2019 Walkability Action Institute (WAI) training organized by the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD). The training focuses on increasing walking and walkability which will help with our Broward Complete Streets Initiative. This is the first time that the Broward MPO applied for the grant and our team was selected among other MPOs in the Nation!
Did you know this is the first time Florida has had representatives at this training?
Our team consisted of:
- Commissioner Yvette Colbourne, City of Miramar / Board Member, Broward MPO
- Stephanie Garcia, Associate Planner, Broward MPO
- Larry Wallace, Bike/Ped/Complete Streets Coordinator, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District 4
- Régine Kanzki, Division Director, Broward Regional Health Planning Council’s Transforming Our Community’s Health (TOUCH)
- Ken Reinhardt, Florida Livable Communities Volunteer Lead, American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
To view the MPO's original WAI post, visit https://www.browardmpo.org/index.php/news-updates/321-walkability-action-institute-wai.
To check out the Broward Complete Streets Master Plan, visit https://www.browardmpo.org/index.php/complete-streets-master-plan.
Visit https://www.chronicdisease.org/news/news.asp?id=438908 for more information on WAI Teams nationwide.
For More Information
Please contact Stephanie Garcia at (954) 876-0065 or email@example.com to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.