Federal Certification 2023
The MPO has been recertified by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA)! The certification site visit took place at the MPO on April 11, 2023 where a number of topics were discussed between MPO, FHWA/FTA, and partner agency staff. See below for a list of focus that were used in certification consideration.
Special thanks to all of our participating partners and those who provided feedback online or in person! On August 31, 2023, the Federal Review Team recertified the agency for another four years. For the 2023 Certification Report, please click the image below:
Every four years our partners at the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) conduct an evaluation of the Broward MPO as part of their Transportation Management Area (TMA) Certification Review of this area. The evaluation includes everything our agency works on from transportation planning to public outreach to the financial health of the agency.
The next TMA Certification Review for the Broward MPO will take place on April 11, 2023. The agenda for the the Review can be found here.
The MPO has also created an electronic version of the Federal agenda with backup material in HTML and PDF format on the Agendas & Minutes page of its website.
Public feedback is an essential part of this review. It’s your chance as someone who may live, work, or play in Broward to provide direct input on the transportation planning process.
You have the opportunity to let us know what you think.
Comments can be submitted until May 12, 2023:
- Via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- At the site visit on April 11, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Broward MPO office (located at 100 West Cypress Creek Road, 6th Floor, Suite 650, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309).
- Through the FHWA FL Division Website at https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/fldiv/tma.cfm/tma.cfm.
- Or by email to:
For more information, contact Carl Ema at email@example.com.
Focus Areas for the Broward MPO 2023 Federal Certification
Linking Planning & NEPA (Environmental Streamlining)
- MTP Call for Projects Flyer
- MTP Call for Projects Invitation Letter Template
- MTP Call for Projects Seminole Tribe of Florida Invitation Letter
- MTP Call for Projects Sample Meeting Notes
- MTP Call for Projects Submittals Spreadsheet
- UPWP Request for Input Agenda Item
- UPWP Request for Input Flyer
- Sun Sentinel UPWP Newspaper Advertisement
- El Sentinel UPWP Newspaper Advertisement
- Appendix D & E (UPWP Excerpt)
- Task 6.0 (UPWP Excerpt)
Long Range Transportation Plan – Financial Plan/Fiscal Constraint
- 2022 MTP Amendment Newspaper Advertisement
- 2021 MTP Amendment Newspaper Advertisement
- 2020 MTP Amendment Newspaper Advertisement
Past Federal Certifications
Every four years the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) conduct a Federal Certification Review of the Broward MPO. The main purpose of the review is to certify that the Broward MPO is satisfactorily meeting the planning requirements as defined in federal laws and regulations. This process also provides FHWA and FTA the opportunity to add value to the Broward MPO's planning process through the sharing of best practices, techniques, and/or technology.
The last review took place on April 8 and 9, 2019.
- 2019 Federal Certification Review Report
- 2015 Federal Certification Review Report
- Findings from the 2015 TMA Certification - responses
- Financial Controls Questionnaire - responses
- 2011 Federal Certification Review Report
- 2007 Federal Certification Review Report
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Four conducts a standard annual State Certification Review of the Broward MPO.
- 2022 State Certification Review
- 2021 State Certification Review
- 2020 State Certification Review
- 2019 State Certification Review
- 2018 State Certification Review
- 2017 State Certification Review
- 2016 State Certification Review
- 2015 State Certification Review
- 2014 State Certification Review
- 2013 State Certification Review
- 2012 State Certification Review
- 2011 State Certification Review
For More Information
Please contact Carl Ema at (954) 876-0052 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.