News & Media
Latest News and Updates
- BTactical Lake Ridge was a Success!
- The 2022 Safe Streets Summit was the talk of the town!
- BTactical Lake Ridge Walk & Talk
- The Broward MPO's Pilot BTactical project in the City of Deerfield was a Success!
- The Inaugural State of the Region Annual Awards Luncheon was a Success!
- Broward MPO Staff Presents at AMPO's Annual Conference
- Broward MPO particpates in CicLAvia's 10th Anniversary!
- Senate Passes Infrastructure Bill
- 2021 AARP Community Challenge Grantee!
- Social Media Accessibility is More Than Just a Trend
- BTactical was a Success!
- BTactical Workshop #3 is in the Books!
- Let's Go Biking! is Taking a Virtual Turn
- The TIGER Story Map is Live!
- The Broward MPO Interactive Bike Map is Now Available!
- The Broward MPO has been recognized nationally as a 2021 Best Workplaces for Commuters.
- Something BIG is coming!
- Love To Ride Florida Challenge
- Mobility Week Let's Go Broward! Scavenger Hunt
- Speak Up Broward Online: Magic of Freight
- SW 10th Street Project Update Webinars
- Remembering Kristin Jacobs
- The Broward MPO Makes the National Spotlight
- Follow Us!
- Broward MPO Office Closure Due to Coronavirus
- Groundbreaking to celebrate mobility improvements along Lyons Road in Coconut Creek
- The 2020 Safe Streets Summit was the Talk of the Region!
- 2020 MPO Board Engagement Forum
- Broward MPO Hosts Middle School Students for Think Like A Planner!
- Continuing Resolution Keeps Transportation Funds in Broward
- A Big Congratulations: Dale V.C Holness is elected as Broward County Mayor
- Our E-Townhall was a hit!
- Our MTP Phase 2 Outreach has Wrapped Up
- MPO Contributes to Successful FDOT Mobility Week
- The Inaugural Let's Go Walking to School Day Event was a Success!
- Another Unforgettable Construction Career Day
- Remembering Freddy Fisikelli
- PARKing Day Recap
- Pembroke Pines Center Turn Overpass Plans are in the Works
- Happy New Year Greetings from Broward MPO Executive Director
- The Broward MPO Elects 2019-2020 Executive Committee
- 2019 Walking Audits
- Another Let's Go Biking! Event in the Books!
- Career Day at Lakeside Elementary
- Broward Aging Network Conference 2019
- Ribbon Cutting for FEC Quiet Zone
- Quiet Zone Reaches Completion
- Funtastic Fridays Goes Green!
- Walkability Action Institute (WAI) Update
- The NW 64 Avenue Project in Sunrise is now completed!
- MPO Team Participates in Inaugural Uptown 5K!
- Broward MPO Connects with FDOT Staff During Intermodal Expo
- The Broward MPO Gains 4 New DBEs at the NIGP Reverse Tradeshow!
- Broward Complete Streets featured in "The Nation's Health" publication
- Reaching out to local Realtor's at Realtor's Summit
- 2019 Federal Certification Site Visit
- Deerfield Beach Walking Audit Report is available!
- Think Like a Planner with McFatter Tech was a Success!
- The Broward MPO made the Top 10!
- Lauderhill Walking Audit Report is Available!
- Making Waves: April 2019
- Making Waves: May 2019
- Making Waves: June 2019
- Making Waves: July/August 2019
- Making Waves: September
- Making Waves: October
- Making Waves: November 2019
- Making Waves: January/February 2020
- Making Waves: January/February 2019
- How to Create 'Shovel Ready' Projects
- 2019 Pembroke Pines ArtFest
- 2019 Federal Certification
- Walkability Action Institute (WAI)
- 2019 Safe Streets Summit- Safe Streets, Smart Streets
- 2019 Claim Your Future Showcase
- Safe Streets Summit Social Media Challenge
- Broward County: Penny for Transportation
- 2018 Walking Audits
- 2018 Broward Schools' STEM Day
- MPO at 2018 South Florida Construction Career Days
- ADA: Paving the Way to Transition Plans
- ADA Transition Plan Training Session
- MPO Highlights: TIP Corner
- Broward MPO Awarded Education Partnership Award
- Reps. Hastings and Deutch Tour MPO Projects
- Broward MPO Statement on SW 10th Street Funding Announcement
- Reps. Hastings and Deutch to Tour MPO Projects
- Lauderhill Walking Audit
- ADA: Paving the Way to Transition Plans
- Sunset Strip Demonstrates What is Possible with Complete Streets
- MPO Board Approves the Transportation Improvement Program
- 2017-18 Annual Report Now Available
- Success at AASHTO 2018 National Bridge Building Competition
- Sidewalk Improvements in Hollywood Gardens West
- Let's Go Biking! 2018 Recap
- Mayor's/Elected Officials' Roundtable Success
- Quiet Zones Feature on Channel 10 News
- Spring 2018 Newsletter Now Available
- Mayors'/Elected Officials' Transportation Roundtable
- Commitment 2045 e-Townhall Meeting: March 22
News and Updates
BTactical Lake Ridge was a Success!
The Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) partnered with the City of Fort Lauderdale, the Lake Ridge Civic Association, and Street Plans to improve multimodal safety along Northeast 15th Avenue with paint and traffic calming infrastructure!
The 2022 Safe Streets Summit was the talk of the town!
The 2022 Safe Streets Summit was the talk of the town! The Safe Streets Summit is an annual collaborative event between the Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization (TPO), the Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), and the Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency (TPA) to provide a local yet regionally connected approach to prioritizing and implementing Complete Streets throughout southeast Florida.
Read more: The 2022 Safe Streets Summit was the talk of the town!
BTactical Lake Ridge Walk & Talk
Btactical is coming to Fort Lauderdale! The City of Fort Lauderdale is partnering with the Broward MPO to test pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure improvements along NE 15th Avenue between NE 11th Street and NE 13th Street. This is the second pilot project of the Btactical program and it is planned to be installed in May 2022.