Title VI Program
Click here for the Title VI/ADA/Transition Plan Training
Please click here to download the Broward MPO Title VI/Limited English Proficiency Program (LEP) December 2020-2023
Letter of Concurrence from FTA - Dated September 21, 2020 Valid Until January 31, 2024
For information regarding the MPO's Transportation Equity Assessment, click below.
For more information on what the equity assessment is, check out this flyer!
- Notification of Rights Under Title VI
- Broward MPO's Title VI/Nondiscrimination Policy Assurance
- Titulo VI/Declaración de Póliza de No Discriminación
- Broward MPO's Title VI/ Nondiscrimination Complaint Procedures
- Procedimientos Dedenuncia de Discriminación- Título VI
- Broward MPO's Title VI/Nondiscrimination Form (bilingual)
- List of DBE, MBE and Non-DBE Consultants
The Broward MPO assures that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, family, or religious status, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987 and the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992 be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination or retaliation under any program or activity.
Public Participation in English
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Carl Ema at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 876-0052 at least seven days prior to the meeting. If hearing impaired, telephone Florida Relay 711.
Participación Pública en Español
Se solicita la participación del público sin importar la raza, el color, la nacionalidad, laedad, el género, la religión, la discapacidad o la situación familiar. Las personas querequieran acomodaciones especiales conforme a la Ley de Americanos conDiscapacidades o las personas que requieran servicios de traducción (gratuitos) debencomunicarse con Carl Ema email@example.com o (954) 876-0052 al menos siete días antes de la reunión. Las personas con deficiencias auditivas deben llamar al Florida Relay 711.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
As a recipient of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funds, the Broward MPO is required to update its Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal every three years. The proposed overall FTA DBE Goal is 6.6%.
Prior to submitting the goal to FTA for review and acceptance, the Broward MPO is holding a 30-day public comment period until June 4, 2023. The program, goal, and methodology may be viewed here. Comments may be directed to the attention of Norma Corredor, the Broward MPO’s DBE Liaison Officer at (954) 875-0051 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support this process, a free webinar regarding the 2023 DBE Goal was held on May 25, 2023. A recording of this webinar is available here.
Click here for the DBE Program Fact Sheet.
The Broward MPO's current DBE participation goal is for 7.0% of Federal funds for FTA projects and 10.65% for FDOT's FHWA-assisted contracts. For more information on FDOT Goals, click here.
It is Broward MPO’s policy to encourage all qualified businesses to actively participate in the procurement of all Broward MPO-sponsored contracts. The Broward MPO does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, military status or disability. The Broward MPO has established a DBE program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), 49 CFR, Part 26 (as it may be amended from time to time). You are encouraged to comment on the current DBE Program.
DBE Program Description
It is the Broward MPO’s policy to ensure that disadvantaged (DBE) and small (SBE) businesses, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT-assisted contracts. It is also the Broward MPO’s policy to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT-assisted contracts
- Create a level playing field on which DBE/SBEs can compete fairly for USDOT-assisted contracts
- Ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law
- Ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR, Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs
- Help remove barriers to the participation of DBE/SBEs in USDOT-assisted contracts
- Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program
The Broward MPO's current DBE participation goal is for 7.0% of Federal funds for FTA projects and 10.65% for FDOT's FHWA-assisted contracts.
Qualified DBE’s can be found here: DBE Directories of the Florida Department of Transportation
Where to Become a DBE
Broward MPO does not certify DBEs. You may become a certified DBE by completing a DBE application from the following sites:
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Equal Opportunity Office
- Broward County Office of Small Business Development
Dial 7-1-1 TTY/ASCII/VCO/HCO/STS/RCC/CapTel (Español traducción/Français traduction)