Produce a locally supported conceptual design for the segment of SW/SE 17th St, from SW 9th Avenue to US-1, that provides safe and comfortable bicycle and pedestrian facilities connecting to the proposed Broward Commuter Rail Station.
What are the goals and objectives?
- Enhanced bicycle and pedestrian safety – eliminate fatalities and serious injuries.
- Increase Walkability and Accessibility– i.e. comfort, ease of use, ADA compliance.
- Promote higher rates of walking and bicycling from local, daily-use roadway users, in direct replacement of driving. Convert daily traffic into non-motorized transportation users.
- Increased Connectivity from residential areas, businesses and schools to transit.
- Placemaking and Wayfinding Initiatives.