From 2021 to 2023, the Broward MPO provided technical assistance to the City of Plantation for the development of a citywide Multimodal Master Transportation Plan (MMTP).
The purpose of the Plantation MMTP is to address the City’s current and future multimodal transportation needs by improving safety and increasing multimodal connectivity. The MMTP identifies improvements for all roadway users, particularly pedestrians, bicyclists, and transit riders. By identifying specific transportation projects, the plan is intended to assist the City in prioritizing effective transportation investments in the short, mid, and long term.
The MMTP planning effort consists of two distinct phases:
- Phase 1 is a High-Level Multimodal Needs Assessment focused on current needs and the Identification of Short-term Improvements, documented in a Technical Memorandum.
- Phase 2 is a Needs Assessment & Identification of Mid- and Long-Term Improvements, with its own technical memorandum.
Phase 1 focused on a select group of city-owned roadways that were identified as critical for multi-modal transportation improvements: Nob Hill Rd, Cleary Blvd, NW 84Ave, NW SW 6 St, SW 78 Ave, Cypress Rd, NW 5 St, and NW 46 Ave. Phase 1 was completed in the summer of 2022. A Memorandum documenting the planning process, recommendations, and cost estimates was submitted to the City in July 2022. Broward MPO Staff presented an overview of the Short-term recommendations to the City Council at a workshop held on August 24, 2022.
Phase 2 focused on two strategic corridors that were identified for assessment and identification of long-term improvements: Cleary Blvd and University Dr. Phase 2 was completed in the summer of 2023. A Final Report documenting the planning process, recommendations, and cost estimates was submitted to the City in July 2023.
Resources and Documents
- Plantation Multimodal Master Transportation Plan
- Plantation Multimodal Master Transportation Plan - Appendix Part 1
- Plantation Multimodal Master Transportation Plan - Appendix Part 2
- Plantation Multimodal Master Transportation Plan - Appendix Part 3