Design a locally supported conceptual design for the segment of Pembroke Road, from SW 145th Avenue to Flamingo Road, that provides safe and comfortable bicycle and pedestrian facilities. (1.55 miles in length)
What are the goals and objectives?
- Enhance bicycle safety – eliminate fatalities and serious injuries
- Increase Walkability and Accessibility – i.e. comfort, ease of use, ADA compliance
- Promote more walking and bicycling, less driving
- Increased connectivity between residential developments and points of interests along the corridor
- Construct a shared use path on the north side of the street that provides safer, protected facility for bicyclists and pedestrians to travel across the corridor.
- Placemaking and Wayfinding Initiatives
Resources and Documents
Broward Complete Streets Master Plan: https://www.browardmpo.org/images/Broward_MPO_CSMP_final.pdf