Projects do not end once the Broward MPO completes a study. In fact, planning is just one phase of getting a project or study constructed. The links below are projects and studies that the Broward MPO have completed. Some of these projects have entered the next phase of the transportation planning process, while others have already been fully constructed. Click on the links below to read more about various projects and studies that the Broward MPO have completed.
Broward MPO 40th Anniversary Event (November 9, 2017)
The Broward MPO celebrated 40 years on November 9, 2017. In lieu of a traditional Board Meeting, the event featured presentations on the transportation issues facing Broward and Southeast Florida, as well as a discussion on what the future of transportation in our region will look like. The event took place in the new Broward MPO Board Room, and included Broward MPO Board Members, partner agencies, transportation advocates, and other stakeholders. Click the link below to view the presentations, congratulatory video messages, and a flipbook from the event.
State Road 7 Multimodal Improvements Corridor Study
The State Road 7 Multimodal Improvements Corridor Study was finished in July 2016, and the prioritized list of projects was approved by the Broward MPO Board at the July 14, 2016 Board Meeting. Documents from that study can be found on the State Road 7 webpage: https://www.browardmpo.org/index.php/completed-projects-studies/sr7-multimodal-improvements-corridor-study
Local Discretionary Sales Surtax
The November 8, 2016 sales surtax was not passed by voters. More information on that surtax initiative can be found here:https://www.browardmpo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147
Note: This webpage is not the Penny at Work project website.
Community Buses/Education Corridor
The Broward MPO led a study to improve access to the educational facilities amongst four municipalities: Pompano Beach, Margate, Coconut Creek and Coral Springs. Documents from that study can be found here: https://www.browardmpo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44
Congestion Management Studies
- Hollywood/Pines Congestion Management Study Executive Summary and Final Report
- Sunrise Boulevard Congestion Management Study Executive Summary
Livability Planning Studies
- Oakland Park Boulevard Corridor Study
- Oakland Park Boulevard Tranit Study
- Subtropical Sustainable - Transit/Housing Oriented Redevelopment Pilot Study
- Northern Broward County Livability Study
- Hollywood/Pines Final Report
- Plantation Midtown and Southwest Sunrise Livability Study
- Transit Housing Oriented Redevelopment Studies-Oakland Park Boulevard Corridor
- University Drive Final Report
Transportation Alternatives Program
- 2015 Transportation Alternatives Program list of projects approved by the MPO on 7/09/2015
- 2014 Transportation Alternatives Program list of projects approved by the MPO on 9/11/2014
- 2013 Transportation Alternatives Program list of projects approved by the MPO on 9/12/2013
- 2012 Transportation Enhancement list of projects, approved by the MPO Board on 9/20/2012
- 2011 Transportation Enhancement Projects approved by the MPO 9/8/2011
For More Information
Please contact James Cromar at email@example.com or (954) 876-0038 to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.