The Broward MPO’s Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a comprehensive list of federal, state and locally funded transportation projects. All modes of transportation are included in the TIP. This includes transit, roadways, bridges, aviation, seaport, rail and commuter rail, bicycle facilities, pedestrian provisions, and enhancement projects like landscaping and greenways. The Florida Department of Transportation’s Work Program is used to produce the Broward MPO's five-year TIP.
The purpose of developing a TIP is to develop a staged, 5-year, program of transportation projects which is consistent with the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP). Major projects that eventually get programmed into the TIP generally begin as ideas many years earlier. These ideas may be first thought of and included in the Broward MPO's adopted LRTP, which covers a 20-25 year time span. As time passes, potential projects that remain viable gradually move closer to being included in the TIP through the LRTP's financially constrained prioritization process. The Broward MPO adopts its TIP by July 15th each year.
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) FY 2018/19-2022/23- revised 1/9/2019
- Interactive TIP
- How to use the Interactive TIP tool
- 2018/2019 Roll Forward Report- approved 9/13/2018
- Administrative Modification- FM# 4393242 Broward MPO FY2018/2019-2019-2020 UPWP- 11/16/2018
- Response to comments from FHWA 8/30/2018
- TIP Administrative Modifications (4) 9/18/2018
- TIP Administrative Modification- FM# 438282-1 Dania Beach Area Wide- 11/9/2018
- TIP Administrative Modification- FM# 436903-1 SR-9/I-95 FROM N.OF HOLLYWOOD BLVD TO S. OF SR-858/HALLANDALE BCH BLVD- 1/9/2019
- TIP Amendment (4) 5/9/2019
Multimodal Surface Transportation Priorities and Methodology
The Broward MPO’s Multimodal Priorities List is a core product of the MPO that serves as a bridge between “cost feasible” but unfunded projects identified in the MPO’s Long Range Transportation Plan/Metropolitan Transportation Plan and the Transportation Improvement Program, which identifies projects with firm funding commitments. The Multimodal Priorities List is used to set funding priorities for federal and state funds within our region. Only projects contained in the Broward MPO’s Metropolitan Transportation Plan are eligible for inclusion on the Multimodal Priorities List. The Broward MPO Board adopts the Multimodal Priorities List annually, typically in the second or third quarter of the calendar year, which FDOT then uses to guide development of their funding work program.
2019/2020 Broward MPO Multimodal Surface Transportation Priorities- Approved at 7/12/18 Board Meeting
Annual Obligated List of Projects
The Annual Obligated List (AOL) of projects shows what actually happened with TIP project funding during the preceding fiscal year. An obligated project is one that has been authorized by the federal government and funds have been approved to be released. The types of projects for which federal funds were obligated include transit, bicycle/pedestrian/greenways, new roadways, road widening, intersection improvements and reconstruction, interchange improvements, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), landscaping, transportation enhancements, and safety related projects.
FDOT Draft Tentative Work Program 2020-2024
FDOT Draft Tentative Work Program 2019 - 2023
Archived TIP Documents
- Administrative Amendment July 2018- University Drive and Broward Mobility Hollywood
- 2017/2018 Roll Forward Report
- Pine Island and Wave Streetcar Amendments April 2017
- Tamarac Bikeway Amendment Adopted July 2016
- Administrative Amendments 2016
- 2014/2015 TIP Amendments
- 2014 TIP Amendments - I-95 Managed Lanes (October 9)
- Administrative Amendment Modification to 2014/2015 TIP
- 2014/2015 Roll Forward Report
- 2018/2019 Broward MPO Approved Multimodal Surface Transportation Priorities
- 2016/2017 Broward MPO Approved Multimodal Surface Transportation Priorities
- 2015/2016 Broward MPO Approved Multimodal Surface Transportation Priorities
- 2014/2015 Broward MPO Approved Multimodal Surface Transportation Priorities
FDOT Draft Tentative Work Program 2018 - 2022
- Broward County Citizen's Report
- FDOT's District-wide Citizen's Report
- Status of Key Projects in Broward County
- Florida's Turnpike Enterprise Summary of Projects
FDOT Draft Tentative Work Program 2017 - 2021
2016/2017 TIP MAPS
For an overview of the Fiscal Year 2016/17 - 2020/2021 TIP projects located in your jurisdiction please click on the appropriate link located in the table below. Each .pdf file includes a map of the municipality along with a summary report of all identified projects. Funding amounts may differ between the amounts shown on the map and the project reports due to the previous years' cost of some projects.
2015/2016 TIP MAPS
For an overview of the Fiscal Year 2015/16 - 2019/2020 TIP projects located in your jurisdiction please click on the appropriate link located in the table below. Each .pdf file includes a map of the municipality along with a summary report of all identified projects. Funding amounts may differ between the amounts shown on the map and the project reports due to the previous years' cost of some projects.
For More Information
Please contact Jihong Chen at (954) 876-0066 or email@example.com to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.