The MPO is launching its first Mobility Hubs application cycle on December 9, 2021. The purpose of the Mobility Hubs Program is to conduct a competitive and discretionary grant program to provide eligible applicants funding for Mobility Hub planning studies, design and construction. The MPO Mobility Hub program funds transit enhancements for Mobility and Safety elements. The Mobility Initiatives team will conduct a virtual workshop on Monday, December 13, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. to present an introduction to the Mobility Hubs Program online application. Staff will provide step-by-step instructions and be on hand to answer any questions. This workshop will be recorded and posted on the Broward MPO’s website.
Please use the link below to register for the workshop:
Mobility Hubs are transit access points with frequent transit service, high development potential and a critical point for trip generation or transfers within the transit system.
The 2035 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) created and defined the ‘mobility hub’ concept based on a variety of land use and transit criteria.
The Hub concept has evolved as the Broward MPO has worked with partner agencies and local governments to design and implement the Hubs. There has been a greater focus on pedestrian and bicycle connections, secure and comfortable places to wait for transit, and safe and easy transfers between routes. These investments in public spaces provide the framework for private investment in places where people live, work and play.
The Broward MPO updated the Mobility Hubs Program in May 2018. The program update included a market analysis for Mobility Hubs, redefining locations and typologies of Hubs, and an implementation program to better identify locations for future Hubs.
As the Mobility Hubs continue to evolve the hubs will still accomplish the MPO's three main goals:
Move People & Goods
- Maximize Transit Ridership
- Improve Accessibility for all (Regional) Users of the Transportation System
- Achieve Level-of-Service (LOS) Standards on Existing Infrastructure
- Maintain Infrastructure
- Maintain or Reduce Average Travel Time to Major Economic Centers of the Urban Area (Regional)
- Promote New Development
- Minimize the Overall Cost of Travel
- Maximize Private Investments in Transportation Service Provision
- Reduce Accidents, Injuries and Fatalities
- Promote Redevelopment and Infill
- Provide Options for Non-motorized Travel
- Insure Transportation Benefits and Costs are Equitably Distributed throughout the Region
- Promote Environmentally Sensitive Projects
- Insure Projects include Appropriate Aesthetic Considerations in their Project Design
- Revisit & Update Final Report (February 2018)
- Revisit Current Methodology: Assessment (January 2018)
- Market Assessment (July 2017)
- Ride-Hailing Integration (January 2018)
- Candidate Location Evaluation & Scoring (December 2017)
- Trip Generation Assignments
- New Development (February 2018)
- Anchor Mobility Hub Graphic
- Gateway Mobility Hub Graphic
- Community Mobility Hub Graphic
For More Information
Please contact Chadwick Blue at email@example.com or (954) 876-0051 to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.