Welcome to the homepage for the Broward MPO's 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). The MTP (also know as a Longe Range Transportation Plan-LRTP) guides investment in Broward's transportation system for the next 25 years.
Commitment 2045 Survey- CLICK HERE to take the survey and tell us your thoughts on building Broward's transportation future. Para tomar la encuesta en español, llama al Daniel Knickelbein a (954) 876-0053. Si ou vle ou moun ede nan kreyòl ou rele Paul Flavien nan (954) 876-0045
Commitment 2045: Planning, investing, and building for now through 2045.
Commitment 2045 Introductory Video
The Broward MPO is hosting a live e-Townhall on Thursday, March 22 at 7:00 PM to discuss the Metropolitan Transportation Plan and solicit feedback from the public. Your feedback will help us improve transportation in Broward NOW and in the future.
Want to join the e-Townhall? There are several ways you can participate, including:
- Call in toll-free and listen live at (855) 756-7520 ext. 38827# (para escuchar en español, llame al 855-756-7520 ext. 39098#)
- Stream via Facebook Live (www.Facebook.com/speakupbroward)
- In person at the Broward MPO office (100 West Cypress Creek Road, Suite 650, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309)- A sign language interpreter will be available at the MPO office for the duration of the e-townhall.
- Via audio link: An audio link will be posted here before the start of the e-townhall event.
Federal law requires the Broward MPO (and MPO's across the country) to update their Metropolitan Transportation Plan every five years. Commitment 2040, the previous MTP was adopted by the Board in December 2014. Work on Commitment 2045, the update of Commitment 2040, began in December 2017 and will be complete in 2019 with adoption of the final plan by the Broward MPO. Projects included as part of Commitment 2045 can be completed in as little as six years, depending on funding availability.
The Metropolitan Transportation Plan is just one of the Broward MPO's Core Products, which all MPOs must produce and maintain in order to receive federal and state funding.
Elements of the Metropolitan Transportation Plan
There are numerous elements that will go into the Commitment 2045 Plan, including:
- A robust public involvement campaign that will solicit input from community members across Broward
- Data analysis
- Setting goals, objectives, and measures that will help determine a final list of projects
- Financial analysis
- Detailed transit scenario development
- Identification of travel demand patterns
- Efficient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM)
- Environmental Justice analysis
Taken together, these components will determine a final list of financially feasible projects for Commitment 2045
Public Participation Plan (PPP)
The Public Participation Plan (PPP) guides public involvement for the MTP, and serves as a blueprint to gather public comments on the study process, recommendations, and potential projects. CLICK HERE to view the PPP.
The Broward MPO wants your feedback on the Metropolitan Transportation Plan. Tell us your thoughts on what should be in the plan by emailing Peter Gies at email@example.com, or by calling 954-876-0048.
For More Information
Please contact Peter Gies at (954) 876-0048 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.