Not for Cycle 1 (2020). The MPO will be working with Broward County to develop an annual application process with an option for municipalities to "swap-out" one or more of their existing eligible projects with a new project of similar cost. This process will be available commencing in February 2021.
The Broward MPO is tasked to provide Municipal Surtax Services, which include:
- Create an Online Project Submittal Tool that allows municipal staff to provide additional information about the scope of their proposed projects
- Review projects with municipal staff at One-on-One meetings
- Develop an Evaluation Methodology, including criteria that assesses a project's ability to Alleviate Traffic Congestion & Enhance Connectivity and Equity
- Develop an Analysis Tool to evaluate municipal projects
- Develop an approach to identify "Project Readiness" ("Shovel Readiness")
- Develop a Ranked List of Projects based on the results of the Analysis Tool and Project Readiness
- Deliver a prioritized list of municipal projects to Broward County
- Develop an Annual Application Process to allow municipalities to submit new or amended projects for future application cycles
Broward County will prepare an annual budget through its normal budget process, which will include municipal projects that have been prioritized by the Broward MPO. Municipalities will be notified by the MPO and the County individually, and collectively, at each stage of the budget processes so they are full, participating partners and will have a level of certainty regarding a five-year project and revenue forecast.
Please direct your questions to the following MPO staff:
- Andrew Riddle, AICP, Manager of Surtax Services,at (954) 876-0067 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kerrie MacNeil, Surtax Services Project Manager, at (954) 876-0072 or MacNeilk@browardmpo.org
- Cindy Malin, Surtax Public Information Officer, for more information on outreach, at (954) 357-9505 email@example.com