The Downtown Fort Lauderdale Mobility Hub is the first Hub that the Broward MPO has programmed for infrastructure improvements. This Mobility Hub is centrally located in an area that is actively redeveloping because of its close proximity to the downtown business district and government centers. On Friday, September 13, the City of Fort Lauderdale hosted the groundbreaking celebration that kickstarted the construction of Broward's first Mobility Hub. Stay tuned for project picture updates!
The Downtown Mobility Hub will be a multi-block area that will connect various transportation choices including:
- Brightline inter-city passenger rail between Downtown Miami and Orlando
- FEC commuter rail passenger rail service
- Regional express bus service
- Local bus service to points throughout Broward County
- Shuttle bus connections to Tri-Rail stations
- Sun Trolley community shuttle connections
Compaction of limerock base material on the west side of Flagler Avenue.
Spreading and grading of limerock base material on the west side of Flagler Avenue.
Installation of drainage structure S-14 on the SW corner of NW 2nd Street and NW 1st Avenue.
Installation of drainage structure S‐6 on South side of NW 4th Street.
Placement of limerock base material on Flagler Avenue.
- Installation of drainage structures and pipe on Flagler Ave.
- Root pruning of Crape Myrtle trees on Flagler Ave.
The purpose of the Downtown Mobility Hub is to built upon the proposed transportation projects by creating infrastructure which is supportive of mixed-use development that emphasizes a pedestrian orientation while being consistent with the City of Fort Lauderdale’s vision for the Downtown area.
For More Information
Please contact Chadwick Blue at email@example.com or (954) 876-0051 to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.