NW 44 Street Bike Lanes Ribbon Cutting Event
The City of Sunrise and the Broward MPO are committed to safer, healthier streets! Join us to celebrate the completion of the City's newest bike lanes.
We'll meet at Sunrise Athletic Complex (SAC) for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and light refreshments. Bring your bike and helmet to take part in a leisurely five-mile, round-trip ride with stops at Welleby Park and Oak Hammock Park.
You'll also have a chance to meet the Sunrise Police Department Bike Patrol, and enjoy a famous Police Department Pop-Up BBQ after the ride! Call the Leisure Services Department for more information: (954) 747-4600.
Hollywood Boulevard Groundbreaking Event
Join us for the Hollywood Boulevard Groundbreaking Event on Tuesday June 27, 2017!
Sunset Strip Groundbreaking & Bike Ride
Please note that this event (orginially scheduled for Saturday, June 10, 2017) is CANCELLED due to anticipated stormy weather. We are working on a sunny new date. Stay tuned for more details!
Complete Streets Phase 1 Groundbreaking
As part of the Broward MPO’s commitment to creating safer, healthier streets, the Broward MPO celebrated the kick-off of implementation of over 120 million dollars in Bicycle and Pedestrian improvements programmed for construction in the next five years. This first phase of projects, located throughout the Broward region, reflect a continuing partnership between the Broward MPO, FDOT, Broward County Government and municipal governments. This memorable event took place in Hollywood on Tuesday, February 3, 2015. The Broward MPO was joined by more than 60 community leaders, residents, and members of the media.
- Mark Brown - Lauderdale by the Sea Commissioner
- Michael De Lucca - BRHPC CEO
- Walter Duke - Dania Beach Commissioner
- Diana Alarcon - Fort Lauderdale Transportation and Mobility Director
- Kevin Biederman - Hollywood Vice Mayor
- Peter Hernandez - Hollywood Commissioner
- Peter Bober - Hollywood Mayor
- Beverly Williams -Lauderdale Lakes Vice Mayor
- Yvette Colbourne - Miramar Vice Mayor
- Patricia Asseff - Hollywood Commissioner
- Richard Blattner - Hollywood Commissioner/Broward MPO Board Chair
- Gerry O'Reilly - FDOT Director of Transportation Development
- Gregory Stuart - Broward MPO Executive Director
- Richard Rosenzweig - Deerfield Commissioner (not pictured)
Please click here to view photos from event.
For More Information
Please contact Ricardo Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 876-0044 to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.