In November 2018, Broward County voters approved a 30-year, discretionary sales surtax for transportation (also known as "Penny for Transportation" or "Mobility Advancement Program"). The Broward MPO has been tasked to review, rank and prioritize municipal projects that will be funded with surtax proceeds. These tasks include
- Creating an Online Project Submittal Tool that allows municipal staff to provide additional information about the scope of their proposed projects
- Reviewing projects with municipal staff at One-on-One meetings
- Developing an Evaluation Methodology, including criteria that assesses a project's ability to Alleviate Traffic Congestion & Enhance Connectivity and Equity
- Developing an Analysis Tool to evaluate municipal projects
- Developing an approach to identify "Project Readiness" ("Shovel Readiness")
- Developing a Ranked List of Projects based on the results of the Analysis Tool and Project Readiness
- Delivering a prioritized list of municipal projects to Broward County
- Developing an Annual Application Process to allow municipalities to submit new or amended projects for future application cycles
Stay up to date with the Surtax by visiting http://browardmpo.org/index.php/current-projects-studies/surtax
For more information on Surtax outreach, contact Cindy Malin, Surtax Public Information Officer, at (954) 357-9505 email@example.com.
For More Information
Please contact Andrew Riddle at (954) 876-0067 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.